Preneed / Preplanning Counselor
Salary: Commission – As Earned
The responsibilities of a Preneed / Preplanning Counselor include: creating sales presentations, networking, retrieving referrals, and presenting informational seminars. We will provide excellent, structured, field, and online trainings through our partnership with Security National Life Insurance Company. This position offers substantial earning potential, and you will be equipped with the tools and training needed to achieve your financial goals.
When you join our team, you will have a long-term career opportunity assisting families and individuals with their advance funeral and/or cremation arrangements. You will feel great about what you’re doing, and get paid well while doing it!
The position will assist families in the pre-planning and funding of burial/cremation arrangements through the purchase of a life insurance or annuity policy or utilizing other funding methods available through the company. All of this is done before the need arises. This individual is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our client families.
This position requires a minimum of a Final Expense Insurance license, which we can assist you obtaining. Or a general Life Insurance License will be sufficient.
- Responsible for the sales and services either in a client family’s home, or in the funeral home office.
- Responsible for developing and following up on leads, either self-generated or received from other reliable, company-approved sources.
- Organize and conduct public seminars in concert with delivery of aftercare services. Also, convert generated leads from these programs to preneed sales.
- Assist in the development of after-care and seminar resources for funeral home and community.
- Must remain well informed and educated on the benefits of pre-arrangement and possess the ability to pass this information on to client families.
- Must be able to utilize tools given to generate sales, procure leads to increase sales, and close a sale.
- Must develop positive relationships with local churches, nursing homes, hospitals and hospice providers.
- Must possess (or willing to obtain) the necessary licensure or other certification to meet local or state legal requirements and must be licensed with the insurance company used by our company to underwrite our policies.
- Must possess knowledge of the funeral rites, ceremonies and customs associated with various religions, always confirming the information with the clergy at the time the service is pre-arranged.
- Must be very knowledgeable of general price lists, casket price lists and merchandise price lists for funeral homes and cemeteries and be able to answer all questions concerning prices and merchandise within the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules.
- Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.