Thank you for your interest in joining our family in serving our local community. Each applicant should have a clean driving record and professional attire as well as be caring, compassionate, and meticulous with details.
Please use the application for employment provided on this page in PDF; once completed you may scan and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person.
Applicants seeking to apply must be computer savvy, follow directions, and use this PDF Application above. You may submit by scanning and emailing, mailing to our PO Box or drop off in person.
The position will manage, prepare and direct funeral services, conduct and coordinate the delivery of remains to the mortuary. The position will prepare remains for services and/or interment. The major objectives are to provide the highest quality services and products and to satisfy the needs of all client families. Position includes on-call rotation hours that includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.Salary: Base Pay plus Hourly
- Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
- Remain up-to-date on Policy Tech reading as assigned.
- Delivery of remains to funeral home. Most often will make contact with client family members and will effect initial coordination of activities with medical examiner and satisfy other legal requirements. (i.e. FTC Rules).
- Follow company Protocol standards by initiating Chain of Custody, personal effects documentation, etc. while making removals.
- Wear and use the personal protective equipment at all times during the performance of the job duties that require such equipment.
- Comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Funeral Home Policies and Procedures.
- Treat human remains with respect and decorum.
- May be required to perform Pre-arrangement Family Service Counselor function of assisting client families with requested service arrangements, selection of funeral merchandise and other products and financial arrangements.
- Plan and effect placement of casket in visitation area, adjust light fixtures and arrange or supervise arrangement of floral tributes.
- Direct casket bearers in placement and removal of casket to and from funeral coach, chapel or other place of service and interment location.
- Counsel with and advise client families and arrange funerals, and supervise funeral service activities in accordance with the individual client family's wishes.
- Coordinate all service arrangements and details with clergy, other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations who may participate in the conduct of the funeral service.
- Possess knowledge of the geographic location of all hospitals, cemeteries, crematories, churches, synagogues, and other places where funeral services may be held including traffic patterns to and from each location and entrance and exit points of each building.
- Communicate with each clergy in the trade area as to the conduct of individual funeral services (i.e. musical preference, open or closed casket, traditional or contemporary attitudes).
- Most often, lead funeral procession from place of service to interment site.
- Possess necessary licensure or other certification to meet local or state legal requirements in order to perform the functions of a Funeral Director. If applicable, possess and maintain necessary licensure or certification to meet local, state, and federal legal requirements to perform the function of embalming.
- Supervise and assist with visitation by ushering and directing families and visitors of deceased to and from visitation area and where services are conducted.
- Participate in market outreach activities including one-on-one presentations, group presentations and event participation in accordance with pre-established standards in furtherance of our home office business growth objectives; encouraged to participate in community, civic or fraternal organizations as a part of local promotional and outreach efforts.
- Supervise and assist the transportation of family members assuring timely departure and arrival as agreed with client family.
- Arrange family automobiles in funeral procession in accordance with the client family’s wishes.
- Ensure that all employees participating in a given funeral service are performing their assigned functions and in place at designated times.
- Arrange and coordinate shipment of remains to and from other cities and localities.
- Supervise and assist certain operational and managerial functions in the absence of managing funeral director.
- Participate in the general upkeep of the building, grounds and cars.
- Where applicable, be certified to operate crematory retort and follow standard procedures and record keeping.
- Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Occasional very heavy work requiring exertion of more than three hundred (300) pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Employee uses hands to grasp, finger, handle, or feel objects, tool or controls. The employee reaches with arms and hands, and is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, or stoop, and is occasionally required to kneel, climb, balance, crouch, or crawl.
• Ability to clearly express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, and to receive detailed information through verbal communications, with or without correction.
• Clarity of vision at distances of 20 inches or less, more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet, and more than 20 feet, with or without correction; color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
• Ability to tolerate exposure to hazardous substances subject to government requirements.
• Ability to travel by standard methods of transportation.
• Must be capable of communicating with management and supervised employees.
• Must be free from judgment-impairing conditions, disease or addictions, or those, which impair ability to interact with employees, management or public.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderately undesirable conditions due to frequent exposure to one or more disagreeable elements, such as dirt, dust, temperature extremes, weather fluctuations, equipment movement hazards, toxic or caustic chemicals, biological hazards.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess a Funeral Director license or ability to reciprocate or currently enrolled in an accredited mortuary science program
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for past 3 years
Other Skill and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the funeral service, including embalming and cosmetology. Basic knowledge of general office procedures and operation of appropriate equipment. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Applicants MUST have a broad and substantial working knowledge of computers, namely windows and mac systems and programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills; compassionate understanding and ability to deal with all aspects of grief. State registration and certification as a funeral director or apprentice
Assists as directed in the day today operations of the administrative function of the funeral home and crematory. Receives and directs callers and visitors of the funeral home. Performs a variety of clerical and other tasks. Typical duties include answering phones and operating a multi-line phone system, typing and/or word processing, scheduling appointments, gathering information, and maintaining files or records. Work under direct supervision, receive specific instructions on new or unfamiliar tasks,and have limited exposure to confidential information.
Administrative Support Customer Service
Requirements & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Work Environment and Dress Code:
Preneed / Preplanning Counselor
Salary: Commission – As Earned
The responsibilities of a Preneed / Preplanning Counselor include: creating sales presentations, networking, retrieving referrals, and presenting informational seminars. We will provide excellent, structured, field, and online trainings through our partnership with Security National Life Insurance Company. This position offers substantial earning potential, and you will be equipped with the tools and training needed to achieve your financial goals.
When you join our team, you will have a long-term career opportunity assisting families and individuals with their advance funeral and/or cremation arrangements. You will feel great about what you’re doing, and get paid well while doing it!
The position will assist families in the pre-planning and funding of burial/cremation arrangements through the purchase of a life insurance or annuity policy or utilizing other funding methods available through the company. All of this is done before the need arises. This individual is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our client families.
This position requires a minimum of a Final Expense Insurance license, which we can assist you obtaining. Or a general Life Insurance License will be sufficient.
Our support in your time of need does not end after the funeral services. Enter your email below to receive a grief support message from us each day for a year. You can unsubscribe at any time.